Forum Discussion

AmberCates-ae6e
Community Member
3 years ago

Quizmaker deleting/dumping attached hyperlinks

I am running into an issue where I add hyperlinks in quizzes, and after saving and re-accessing, the links are no longer available to access by clicking the link through QM.  I had to re-link 80 hyperlinks this past week. 

Is this a known issue?

If so, is there a known root cause?

Is there a fix and workaround for the time being? 

• Hi Amber,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with adding hyperlinks. I'd like to ask a few clarifying questions to help me troubleshoot.

• Are you working from your local hard drive? Working from a network drive can cause erratic behavior.
    • Are you linking to a file, web page, or something else?
    • Is this happening in preview mode and the published course? When you preview a quiz, you may find that hyperlinks don't work as expected. To properly test hyperlinks, you'll need to publish your quiz.

Please let me know if you have additional questions on this! We'll be happy to take a look at your file if you'd like to share it here or privately in a support case.

• Hi Kelly! My answers are below. 

• I am working off my hard drive on my laptop and not from a shared drive.
    • I am linking to web pages. 
    • This is happening in edit mode. When I add the hyperlink, I can right click the hyperlink word, select 'open link' and it then populates the site. After I leave QM (save and close  to return to it later or the next day), the hyperlink is no longer there. 
    • I published the original version to test links and they worked well the first time, but when I made edits to afterwards, all links had been dumped at some point. 

I will send the file using the support case as the information contained is company proprietary information and cannot be shared publicly.

Thank you so much! 

• Hi Amber,

Thanks for the additional details and for sharing your file! I see that you're working with my teammate, Philam. You’re in great hands! We’ll continue the conversation in your support case.