Forum Discussion

KarineGagnon
Community Member
7 months ago

Reference the learner's name with the free trial.

Hello!  I am building a course with the free trial and I am trying to use a reference for the learner's name.  I did everything as I was supposed to (I believe...) and it's not working.  The reference is there and I can add it to my slide but when I preview my course it does not show.  Is it possible that it is not possible to do it with the free trial?

Thanks for your input!

Have a nice day, Karine

TeriCWarner
      Community Member

Hi Karine, here's a pictorial of what Tom is saying.

This is how you currently have it set up. "Set TEXTEntry equal to the typed value". This is the name of your variable that you want the system to remember. Your variable would be %TextEntry%.

Then you tell the system to use variable "Writeyourname". However, that's not the variable you set up on the capturing page (previous page). You have it capturing it as "TextEntry".

So you need to change the variable on the capture page to "Writeyourname" from the dropdown list. Then it works.

KarineGagnon
        Community Member

Wow!  Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, the visual helped a lot haha.

It's working now :)

Have a nice day!

KarineGagnon
      Community Member

Wow!  Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, the visual helped a lot haha.

It's working now :)

Have a nice day!