Forum Discussion

ThourayaAwad
Community Member
4 years ago

Removing Glow on First Selected Button

Hi, I've created a button set with corresponding layers to open when each button is selected.  However, for some reason the glow remains on whatever button I click first and I can't figure out how to remove it.  All the states are the same on each button.  I've attached the slide for reference.  Thank you!

• The glow remains because the clicked button on the base stays selected. It will remain selected until the user either re-clicks the button on the base or clicks another button on the base that is in the same button set.

However, you've got copies of the buttons on every layer. Thus, after the user clicks one of the buttons on the base, they can never click another base button. They can only click buttons on layers.

The solution is to use only the button set on the base.  In other words, delete all the buttons on layers. 

ThourayaAwad
    Community Member

Hi Judy,

Thank you for your response! Do I need to create a new button set per layer in order to give them the same effect of only clicking one button at a time?

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

There's no need to have buttons on each layer. Just use the one button set on the base. The user can click them even when they're viewing a layer. 

If you want to prevent the user from clicking other buttons until the timeline of the selected layer completes, add triggers to disable the applicable buttons when the layer's timeline starts. And add triggers to enable them again when the layer's timeline ends.