Forum Discussion

ElisabethH
Community Member
3 years ago

Require learner to view every page of a .PDF before moving on in course?

Hi, 

I have a long .PDF where learners need to read each page to acknowledge they've read it. It's a compliance document.

How can I have the PDF appear on a Rise course and have a continue block under it that will not appear until the learner has scrolled through each page?

Is there any potential workarounds to this situation?

• Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! 

There isn't a way a way to tell a Rise 360 course that a learner has completed reading through a PDF file, but you can check out my colleague's response here for an alternative solution that includes giving your learners a check box that they can tick as soon as they're done reading the PDF. 

Hope this helps!

TarynPierce
      Community Member

Hey Jose, 

I am late to the party! The link (to the response) is no longer active. Any idea what that alternative solution is for this question?

SamHill
        Super Hero

I don't know the original post that was linked, but I'm going to assume it is providing a single confirmation checkbox interaction underneath the link to the PDF, along the lines of:

✅ I confirm I have read and understood…etc.

You can then force this checkbox to be ticked before the user continues in the module, or it is marked as completed.