Forum Discussion

GaryDickenson
Community Member
22 days ago

Resources not updating when publishing courses on Storyline

There's a bug where when publishing a project in storyline the player does not grab the latest version of the resource. It seems to cache the first version that was attached. I can't see why it would do that considering it is linked to a local file and should grab the version that is present at the point of publishing.

On googling this I can see that the problem existed over 10 years ago and hasn't been addressed in all this time?!

This really needs addressing and fixing as it's a huge time waster having to rename and reattach resources every time they are changed!

GaryDickenson
    Community Member

Thanks, already checked those things before posting (in frustration). We have a solid efficient workflow where documents are stored in a set asset folder where the name remains the same. Hopefully it's an easy option I've missed because logically that made most sense to look for but alas I fear not.

When you're producing many courses each with many resources it's a real bind!

TianxuanLiu
    Community Member

I encountered a similar issue before. It could be due to cached data on the LMS server or in your browser. Try launching the course in Incognito mode to see if that helps.

GaryDickenson
      Community Member

Thanks. I've done some tests and it's not cache related it's definitely a problem with storyline (am using the review360 not an LMS). I posted up a changed doc to a new review and it showed the old doc. I will need to escalate this to support

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hi Gary,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue.

We're not seeing this being reported by other users so there's a possibility that the incident is isolated. Please open a case with our support team to connect with a support engineer. We'll be able to test why your Review 360 course is not updating once we have a copy of your course for testing!