Forum Discussion

KarenBruceWalla
Community Member
5 years ago

Reusing Storyline Blocks in Rise

I wanted to document this issue in case anyone else ran into it.

If you reuse a Storyline block within your Rise course, you may run into errors with your LMS. For whatever reason, Rise will save all the instances of the Storyline block in a single folder in the LMS zip file, and your LMS may be very confused by the duplicates. It will work within SCORM Cloud, which will make it hard to diagnose what the issue is.

To get around it, you need to publish out the same Storyline file with different names to Review360. At that point, it will consider them different Storyline blocks, and place them in different folders.

Hopefully, this is an issue that can be addressed in the future, because there are cases where you would want to recycle a Storyline block. In my case, I'd created a block for reflections/self-responses.

• Hi folks! We wanted to share here that this issue has been fixed:

Duplicate Storyline 360 files were included in the exported package when duplicate Storyline 360 blocks were included in a course.

Please republish your Rise 360 courses to take advantage of the cleaner file structure!

• Hi there, Karen. Currently, we're seeing duplicate files in Rise 360 output that contains the same Storyline block in more than one location. Thanks for sharing your workaround with the community. 

I'll keep this discussion updated with any changes we make that will help with the files.

• Hi Karen Thank you for posting. Please let me know which name you are referring to: Is it the .story file name, or the title of the lesson in the player, or is it the name that you use to publish to. None of my storyline blocks are playing now on the LMS.

• Hi Ina,

I'm happy to help you! I recently responded to your other post here. We can keep the conversation going in that discussion thread if you like!

• Hi folks! We wanted to share here that this issue has been fixed:

Duplicate Storyline 360 files were included in the exported package when duplicate Storyline 360 blocks were included in a course.

Please republish your Rise 360 courses to take advantage of the cleaner file structure!