Forum Discussion

BethCouglerBlom
Community Member
2 months ago

Rise course font size not responsive on Android device

I've had someone with an Android device (mobile phone) review my course and they are saying that all the Rise course font shows up smaller on their device (than it does on Apple devices) and the font size is not responsive using the accessibility features of their Android device. Anyone else having this issue with Android mobile phones and Rise? I have tested on my iPhone and it works perfectly, and is responsive.

• Hi Beth,

I'm happy to help! I understand your Rise course font appears smaller on Android than on Apple devices.

I tested a sample Rise course published to Review 360 using a phone running Android 13. The font size appears as expected, and the course is responsive when I try shifting to landscape mode. I attached a quick screen recording of my tests for your reference.

Can you try running my sample course on your iPhone and checking if the font size is significantly different? Here's a link to my Review 360 course.

If the font size is markedly different, please have your colleague check if changes were made to the text and display settings of his/her device. Also, what Android version are they using to test? I look forward to hearing from you.

• Thanks for doing that for me. When I tested your course on my iPhone it did not look different than your video showing your test on the Android device, so I don't think we can recreate the "small font" issue that the person saw. I will send them the link to get them to check their text and display settings. If you say that both Android and iPhone devices have built in accessibility settings to increase/decrease font size, then there may not be an issue here. Thanks.

EricSantos
      Staff

You're welcome, Beth. I appreciate you doing additional tests as well!

Let me know how it goes after checking their text and display settings, and I'll be more than happy to assist further as needed.