Forum Discussion

LizDeSaulles
Community Member
6 years ago

Rise folders and moving content

Hi All,

I am the QA for our team content, so I get many Rise pages shared with me which by default are displayed in my 'Shared with me' folder.  When the QA is complete, I want to file the pages. Clicking on 'Move to folder' and selecting the required folder, does not result in the expected action of moving the file, only creates a copy or view of it elsewhere. My 'Shared with me' folder is full to bursting and a headache to navigate. Is there a reason that the file doesn't actually remove itself, as the action would suggest? Thanks!

• Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.

• Hello, Alyssa! I would like to add my concerns to this thread. While I love using Rise, the lack of manageability is almost greater than the benefit of using it. Folder organization, team collaboration, ease of access to all content throughout my organization are all concepts that seem like they should be a "given" in 2021. 

I have found threads similar to this one dating back 2 years. Is there anything we in the Articulate Community can do to have these concerns addressed more quickly? I'm concerned that my only alternative to the clunkiness of Rise is to simply stop using it all together. 

Thank you so much for your help, Alyssa! :) 

• Hey all! Thanks for chiming in and sharing your ideas on how to improve Rise folder management. No plans yet on this feature on the roadmap right now, and we're still tracking requests for folder improvements. We'll update you here on this thread if we have news for you all!

MichaelCiraco
    Community Member

we desperately need 3 features:  
    - team/group collaboration where any content placed in a group owned folder is automatically shared with people in the group, and changing group members immediately updates who can see all content in folder
    - ability to move a shared object to a personal folder without making a copy of that object, just simple organization. 
    - folders within folders.  

• This really needs to be a priority for Rise 360 as we continue to develop courses here. This thread has been going on for 4+ years and still nothing. Please prioritize this to make everyone's use of this tool easier :) 

HeidiFont
    Community Member

I would like to see this as well that content disappears from the All Content view if moved to a specific folder. It's a mess to keep organized when everything still stays in All Content even after moving to a folder.  

• Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.