Forum Discussion

EdwardPark
Community Member
3 days ago

Rise User Guides Created -- how back up?

I've recently converted one of our user guides with a significant amount of information into a RISE training.  It looks a lot better!

One concern of ours is what would happen if the RISE website went down -- how would our users be able to access the information offline?

I've tried to produce it in a PDF but the format is a bit clunky and obviously the interactive features don't work.

I want to move forward in converting most if not all of our user guides moving forward into RISE, but have this concern.

Thanks for any info!

• You might consider publishing your Rise modules to web and then host the content on a web server, aws, or intranet. You'll end up having "backup" if you save all your exported content as zip files too. This is the way. You might also host them via SCORM on an LMS. Good luck!

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Rise 360 is a tool that enables you to create online educational and training resources. That's all it is. 

You should not rely on the Rise 360 development tool to deliver your materials.

pearsonweb
    Community Member

You might consider publishing your Rise modules to web and then host the content on a web server, aws, or intranet. You'll end up having "backup" if you save all your exported content as zip files too. This is the way. You might also host them via SCORM on an LMS. Good luck!

EdwardPark
      Community Member

Thank you so much for the insight! I will give this a go.  Have a great day