Forum Discussion

MuhammadYaser
Community Member
3 months ago

Scrolling Panel Saga

Imagine a scrolling panel with one screen shot of a webpage, some text boxes and some icons slide in it perfectly. Scrolling works fine and everything thing works fine....in the editing mode and in the publishing mode on the said slide.

Now when we duplicate this slide or even import it into another story line and scroll it in editing mode all the text boxes and icons that we created from scratch leave their place and disintegrate form the screenshot in the scrolling panel.  we tried with locking everything in the scrolling panel same behavior. Only when you copy or duplicate the slide with the scrolling panel.....

• I guess my question is that Is there a rule for rules for copying a scrolling panel with text boxes in in it inside a same story line or into another??? 

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Muhammad!

It sounds like Scrolling Panels slides from your Storyline course lose formatting when duplicated or imported into other projects. Sorry to hear that, but I'd be happy to help!

Testing this on my end, in the current version of Storyline 360, I created a Scrolling Panel slide with a screenshot of a webpage, shapes, and text boxes. After duplicating the slide, or importing it into a new .story file, I was unable to replicate the behavior you described.

To your follow-up question, a user should be able to duplicate a Scrolling Panel slide, or import the slide into a new project while retaining the format of all elements. If you've confirmed that you are working locally, and a repair of your Storyline installation doesn't solve this issue, it would be helpful to have a closer look at the file that's giving you trouble.

Feel free to share a copy here in the discussion or privately through a support case.