Forum Discussion

MaroueneNeji-ef
Community Member
4 days ago

SL360: How do you align multiple objects in relation to the slide?

Hi,

I haven't used Storyline in a few years. I remember in older versions that you could select multiple objects, then choose how the alignment would be done, whether it would be in relation to the slide or to each other.

So, if wanted to place all objects at the horizontal center of the slide, I could just select all of them, select "align to slide", then click on center.

Now, it seems that there's no option to "align to slide". Alignment always happens in relation to the objects themselves. 

Below is an old screenshot 

If anyone could tell me where I could find this option in the new versions, that would be great. Thanks!

• For anyone who stumbles upon this thread and is facing the same issue, Articulate Support have pointed out to me that the "Align to slide" feature actually still exists, but only under the Home tab. I was trying to find it under the Format tab.

https://app.screencast.com/Ld6dOdiTSxj6W

• You can align an individual object to the slide. However, the option to align multiple objects to the slide isn't available any more. 

Depending on the number of objects and how you want them aligned, you don't necessarily have to align each object individually.

For example, in some cases, it will work to align one object to the slide, and then align the other objects to it. 

Another option is to align the objects in relationship to each other. Group them, align the group to the slide, and then ungroup them.

Note that you could align the group via one of the Align buttons. Or just drag and align it based on the "smart align" bars that appear, which are especially useful for centering. 

MaroueneNeji-ef
      Community Member

Thank you. Sad to see that the option isn't available anymore. I don't understand why something so basic and vital would be taken away. I will just group and align for the time being.

• For anyone who stumbles upon this thread and is facing the same issue, Articulate Support have pointed out to me that the "Align to slide" feature actually still exists, but only under the Home tab. I was trying to find it under the Format tab.

https://app.screencast.com/Ld6dOdiTSxj6W