Forum Discussion

HeatherVogt-d32
Community Member
2 hours ago

Slide jumping to wrong place despite no trigger

Hello! I cannot for the life of me figure out why this slide is jumping to the wrong place despite there being no trigger for it to jump there:

The red trigger and box are correct; however, as you can see, the slide jumps to a slide down below (the green box)...even though there's no trigger for that:

Here's the Form view for the slide (an essay question):

I have about 6 slides that need to do the same thing - allow users to input a response > click Submit > jump to the next question. Four of them work fine but two do not. They are set up the exact same way - capture the text entry, submit the Essay and then jump to the next question. 

Can someone please help? And I can't send the file as it has proprietary information.

Thanks for any help!

• Lol. I just realized how counterintuitive my red and green boxes are. Sorry! The red boxes are correct; the green box is incorrect. 

RachelGruett
    Community Member

Hi Heather! I've had situations like this and usually I've found it's an issue with a slide layer going to a different slide. Do you have any layers on 2.11? If it's a Question slide one of the Correct or Incorrect layers may be jumping to the wrong slide. Hope that helps!

HeatherVogt-d32
      Community Member

Hello! Thanks for your response. 

No, 2.11 is just an Essay survey question with a Submit button - no other layers, no other navigation, etc.

JesseWu
    Community Member

Try right click on the connection you don't want, to see if there is a option to delete it.

HeatherVogt-d32
      Community Member

Hello! Thanks for your response!

I can't right-click the connection; the only time the connection shows up is if I have the slide selected and the right-click options are only for the slide. 

How do I right-click a navigation connection?