Forum Discussion

AnitaNicholls
Community Member
3 years ago

Sound quality

Hi

I have recorded my voice to support course content using the programs record function. When published and shared for review, the sound quality sometimes changes and is poor. Some have difficulty, others do not. I'm hoping that this will not be an issue when the course is published to a website. Is there anything I should do to resolve the problem? I don't have access to IT support so make any explanation easy to follow. Thanks. 

AnitaNicholls
    Community Member

Hi

Thanks for this information. I have used the same recording device throughout (my desk top computer). I checked my publish settings and I am using optimize sound settings when I publish. I have read through the very helpful Record Your Own Narration. My narration is a long way from perfect and that is ok. I'm aiming for good enough or as good as I can achieve rather than perfection.   

The difficulty I have is that it is when content reviewers, who do not have an Articulate License, review the published product on their home PC I get comments about sound quality. One person then viewed the course on my computer and said the sound quality was much better. Another viewed it on an IPad and again the sound improved. Three out of five people experienced issues with sound. Does the software work better on some systems? I saw an old post that it was not designed for Android. Is this still true? It is the inconsistent experience that worries me. I need to be clear to people about what systems are best to view content. 

Thanks 

BeccaLevan
      Community Member

I appreciate these extra details, Anita!

From here, I'd like to connect you with a support engineer to determine the next steps. I've opened a support case on your behalf—be on the lookout for an email from us soon!

AnitaNicholls
        Community Member

Hi
        I’ve sent it through. Thanks for your help with this.
        Anita