Forum Discussion

JimRehmann
Community Member
5 years ago

Stop recording in peek

When using full screen recording in Peek, how do I stop the recording? I cannot see the Peek toolbar.

• I have multiple monitors. I've checked the system tray of all three. There is no icon for Peek. Not sure how to get this to stop recording. 

• You can click the gear wheel for the settings and set shortcut keys to pause and end recordings.  I use space to pause and Esc to end. 

CatherineCon824
      Community Member

Thank you! I force quit the application to stop the recording. I saw the gear icon when I restarted it. All set now with keyboard shortcuts. However, I ended up moving to Articulate Replay because Peek wasn't playing nice with my multiple monitor setup.

• Hi Erin,

You can either select the gear icon when you open Peek 360 or right-click the Peek 360 icon in the system tray and choose Preferences to customize your keyboard shortcuts for pausing and ending recordings.

Just click on the text entry and type the Space Bar for Pause and type the Esc button for End!

• Having the same trouble.... I started a peek recording and have neither a gear or an icon in the tool bar. Can't get this to stop. I even quit windows and when I restarted it's still recording.

• Hi Jim,

When recording full screen you should see the Peek 360 icon as a part of your toolbar or system tray still. When you're ready to stop the recording, clicking there will provide the option to Pause or End recording.

Let us know if that helps! 

• How do you set up the shortcuts for Peek? To make the space bar pause and esc key end? 

• Hello,

My preference option is not clickable is there something I need to update to make this available to me?

KatieRiggio
      Staff

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for writing in!

It looks like you've got a great conversation going with Christopher on our Support team, and he's helping you out with this. Keep at it with him so we can nail down the culprit. 

In the meantime, a quick Peek 360 repair might help fix the inactive option. Here are the steps!

BeccaLevan
    Community Member

Sorry for this trouble, Carol! 

Since you aren't spotting that Peek 360 icon, could I have you search in your list of apps/programs? Here's a quick demo of that.

Once you find Peek 360, run through these steps to see if that helps. If you still have issues, let us know so a support engineer can work with you directly!

• As a tip, I would suggest that you change the Peek keyboard shortcut for Pause to something other than your Space bar - particularly if you are recording text entry.  Otherwise,asIfoundout,youmayendupwithtextthatlookslikethis!