Forum Discussion

CarindaOlivi582
Community Member
4 years ago

Storyline > Litmos = Blank screen

Hi All, 

Built one pager in Storyline 3, nothing fancy, it has layers and interactions with links, and a complete course trigger. 

Published it as follows:

Format: HTML5
Player: Modern
Quality: Custom Optimization
Publish: Entire Project
Tracking: Complete course trigger
LMS: SCORM 1.2

When I preview it in Storyline everything works great, when I preview the published file by selecting the "Story" file, everything works great. 

When I upload the file into Litmos I don't get any errors but as soon as I view the file in Litmos a screen loads but it comes up as black / white screen. 

I've checked my settings and even selected that the file open in a new window but nothing seems to work. Anyone else having this issue? 

• Hi Carinda!

I haven't heard of a similar issue in Litmos, so I'd recommend reaching out to their support team to see if a setting needs to be changed. Please keep us updated so others who are using Litmos can follow!

• Same issue for me as well. White screen in Litmos, but functioning as intended in Moodle, Articulate Review and HTML formats.

• Hi Scott,

Thanks for letting us know that your issue is limited to Litmos as well. We did not hear back from Carinda, so I'm not sure if she learned anything from them directly.

Have you reached out to Litmos with your comparison testing to understand the difference?

PennyJones
    Community Member

I have had this exact issue with our LMS system, NetLearning. Works great in preview but once video gets close to the end it goes to a black screen.  Please advise. 

• Hello Penny!

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into a similar issue! Have you reached out to the NetLearning support team yet? I'd also recommend testing your course in SCORM cloud to see if the same behavior occurs in another LMS environment.

MaryKohlmann
    Community Member

A quick note on this in case it helps anyone else: I had a similar issue in Litmos, although the SCORM module in question had been created in LRN rather than Articulate.  The Litmos team's advice was to:

1. Extract (unzip) the files from the original .zip file to a separated folder
    2. Re-zip this folder to a new .zip file
    3. Clear the Browser Cache
    4. Upload the file into Litmos

This resolved the issue for me.