Forum Discussion

BrianNalley
Community Member
5 years ago

Storyline 360 and GIFS (Cartoon Animator/Crazytalk Animator output)

I am trying to use Cartoon Animator (the newest version of Crazytalk Animator) to create Gifs of a bunch of characters I use in my PPT courses. They insert as GIFs fine in PPT, and play great when put in our LMS with Presenter.

But every time I try to use Storyline (from the SL1 to 360 now), I can never get them to work. They don't play and appear static in SL360. I know all versions of Storyline have had issues with GIFs it seems (which at this point seems like it should have been resolved), but I had high hopes recently. Vyond did a video on using their animation software with SL360, and made a GIF and plopped it in SL360 and all was wonderful in the world. But, when I render to GIF in Cartoon Animator, they do not work in SL360. Literally the same issue I have seen in multiple threads for 6+ years now. Anyone have any insight on how Vyond's GIFs might work yet other don't seem too? I really want to love Storyline, but I always seem to hit roadblocks like this and get frustrated and just go back to PPT and Presenter because they always work.

Thanks!

• Hi, Brian and Dave!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 76, we’ve included important fixes and new features!

One enhancement we’ve included:

Storyline 360 now supports high-resolution animated GIFs.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!