Forum Discussion

ShawnReid-88414
Community Member
6 years ago

Storyline360 | 1-slide Video Player Template Starts with Black Screen

Hello-

My company does a lot of informational webinars and would like the option to place them in our LMS (Cornerstone). I've been working on a shell in Storyline360 that would act as a one-slide (page) video player. 

Everything is fine, but when I publish to Review360 or host a test file in our LMS, the project opens with a large black screen with a play button inserted over it. 

Has anyone else experienced this? I've found a little to suggest it is triggering web browser "no autoplay video" protection, but the only fix I've found is to add a slide to the front of the presentation.

Appreciate any insight, advice or help I can get! .story file is attached!

• Welcome to the community, Shawn!

Are you seeing the view below in certain web browsers? If so, my hunch is that you've come across the changes implemented for Chrome and Safari.

These changes affect how media autoplay is handled where the play button on the first screen is expected. When you click that button, the media should play normally throughout the course. 

Let me know if that helps, as I'm happy to help!

jotaese
    Community Member

Hello, i was using chrome few months ago and it worked withoyt the "play button". Now i dont know why appears.  Anyone know how to disable this icon?

• Hi José!

The Play button on the first slide indicates that there is media on the first slide. One workaround is to add a slide at the beginning of the course with a trigger to Jump to the Next Slide when the Timeline Starts.

If you decide to give that a try, let me know how it goes!

StephanieLong
    Community Member

What kind of media?  This is happening with one of our courses, even though we have an identical course in another language where this is not happening.   

• Hello Stephanie!

Any media that would auto-play like audio, video, gifs, etc. If you see inconsistent behavior, we'd like to take a look at both files. Would you mind sharing both .story files with our Support Engineers in a support case?