Forum Discussion

YogeshDhami-ea0
Community Member
2 years ago

Summary mode/ Reactive learning mode.

So, i was just browsing though apple.com when i noticed the option to click on these hotspots where can you can learn more about a product feature, and all the important things are highlighted in a bright colour and they grasp your attention really nicely and the whole process is really smooth. Then it struck me why can we not do the same with Rise, i have always created a summary after the lesson and even though it contains everything that is important i like apple's approach better, hence i quickly chatGPTed a HTML and JS code to visualise the process, the same can be find in the attachment.

So here's the pitch:

Imagine a digital learning platform that dynamically adapts to a learner's progress. As a student navigates through a course, they are presented with comprehensive content, enabling them to grasp every detail. Upon completion of the course and its assessments, the platform evolves.

The next time the learner accesses the lesson page, it defaults to a "Summary Mode." In this mode, key points and essential information are accentuated with brighter colors, while supplementary details are subtly faded. This visual distinction aids in quick revision and reinforces core concepts without the distraction of extraneous information.

However, the true innovation lies in the flexibility offered to the learner. Even after completing the lesson, they have the option, at the click of a button, to toggle between the "Summary Mode" and the comprehensive "Learning Mode." This switch is only enabled once the lesson has been initially completed, ensuring a structured learning path.

This reactive concept is not just about presenting information but about enhancing the learning experience by adapting to the learner's journey.

• Hi Yogesh! Thanks for reaching out.

This is a wonderful idea! I'm sure there are authors who are looking for the same concept when building their course in Rise. I'd suggest logging this as a feature request to our product team for review.

Currently, there isn't a way to add triggers or conditions to build this in Rise. If you wish to create your content in Rise but want to include a more complex interaction, you can add a Storyline block to your Rise 360 course.

You can create your custom interaction in Storyline, publish it to Review 360, and then bring it to your Rise course using an interactive Storyline block. Here's a sample Rise 360 course with a similar interaction created using Storyline 360. I've included the sample Storyline file in the course should you wish to have a look.

I hope this helps!