Forum Discussion

YannickConstant
Community Member
7 years ago

Support for sharing on Facebook and other social media sites

Is there a way to add a "Share" button in Rise lessons so readers can share it on Facebook and other social media sites? If not, can I integrate a 3rd party service like AddThis.com for social sharing?

• Hey Yannick!

Thanks for telling us about your need for a "Share This Course Content to Social Media" function. Rise is evolving every day, and we love hearing your ideas. I’m going to forward your thoughts to our product team so that we can look into it for the future.

• Hey folks!

When you share a Rise 360 course on Slack, Facebook, Twitter, or other social media, the link will now unfurl to reveal course details, including the title, description, and cover photo.

It sounds like you want to add social sharing buttons within your Rise 360 course. I'll pass along your feedback to our team!

PLTStaff-SFI
      Community Member

Hi Alyssa, what link should learners share in order for these details to show up? I imagine it would not be the link from the LMS. 

CNavarro
        Former Staff

Hi Project Learning Tree, I did a couple of tests on my side, and the course details are not showing up on social media websites. I am sorry about this. I reported this to the team, and if we make any changes that can help, I will post an update here. Thank you for getting this to our attention. 

EmmaClough
    Community Member

Hi there, wondering if there's been any further progress on adding social sharing buttons within Rise 360 courses? I think this would be a really useful feature!

• Hey Emma! We haven't added social sharing buttons to Rise 360, but thanks for letting us know you're interested in that feature!

• Hello Alyssa - this is also a request from a client. Has there been any progress on this? Many thanks!

CNavarro
      Former Staff

Hi Bastien, thanks for checking in. We don't have any updates to share yet, but we will post an update here as soon as we do. 

• Hi all, been following this link/thread for a while. Has there been any update? Seems to have been in the pipeline for 3 years and no shift.