Forum Discussion

DillonAllan-7da
Community Member
4 years ago

Text Autofit Improvements: Turn Off?

Hi all!

Does anyone know how to turn off the new Text Autofit Improvements that came with the most recent update? I have a project with hundreds of slides that now have the grey bar and I'm on a deadline. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated! 

• Hi, Amaia.

Great call opening a support case with our engineers! I see you're working with Carlo, so you're in great hands!

Please reach out through the case if you have additional questions. 

BruceRoberts
      Community Member

Is there any update from Carlo on Amaia's/Sean's case please?  We've got the same problem...

• Hi, Mofidul.

Thank you for reaching out!

Take a look at the article below for the compatibility between Storyline 3 and Storyline 360:

As Ren mentioned above, starting with update 54 (July 2021), all new and existing projects that haven't upgraded project text will remain with the legacy settings. What this means is that if you create a new file and you don't choose to upgrade the text, you should be able to open it in Storyline 3.

Let me know if this answers your question.

• Maria, thanks a lot for your reply. It is helpful and its a time saver. With much appreciation  - Mofid 

• Hi, Bruce.

Thank you for opening a support case! I see you're working with Darwin to troubleshoot the issue. 

Please reach out through the case if you have additional questions. 

• I just updated my Storyline 3 to the latest version.  Then I created a project and saved it.  When I tried to open in later, I got the message shown in the attachment.  WTF!

How can I open this file in Storyline 3?

How do I avoid this issue in the future? 

KimSoonNG-fb5fc
      Community Member

I'm facing the same problem after updated my Storyline 3 to the latest version. I can't open my project with the same message pop-up

Urgent! I have the deadline to catch for this project. Please advise and provide a solution.

MichaelKerber
    Community Member

I just had the same problem.  I've never even had Storyline 360, so I don't know why this is happening.  I literally created this file yesterday with Storyline 3, tried to open it back up today on the same computer, and got this error message about text autofit.  Now what?  I need to finish working on this project!

HowiePearson
    Community Member

I genuinely think this feature is absolutely brutal. I've wasted hours and hours trying get rid of these bars on several courses but sometimes it's almost impossible. 

Trying to find help on this is like a needle in a haystack. Little articles here and there which just seem to confuse things more, going through articles on here saying read this post, go to this thread and read this post. 

I've got a meeting in half an hour where I'm going to have to delay the launch of a project because having wasted hours failing to locate the needle in this haystack.

Gone are the days when Articulate used to produce a simple video detailing clearly what you need to do things. 

MicahWeedman-6a
      Community Member

If you're using 360, make sure it's updated, and then copy the whole project and past it into a new project; they rolled this back so that the autofit isn't the default anymore. The copy and paste part just clears the inhereted formatting from the current project and starts in a new project where autofit isn't the default.