Forum Discussion

CurtisEdwards
Community Member
8 months ago

Text to speech

I am receiving a "Unable to Connect to the internet" when I try to upload text. 

• Hi Curtis, 

Thanks so much for reaching out! Sorry to hear you've run into this snag. 

I'm curious to know if this is something related to your internet connection. I have a few questions to better understand your setup: 

• Does this occur when you attempt to recreate this in a brand new .story file? 
    • Are you able to log in to your account via 360.articulate.com?
    • Are you able to log in to the Desktop Applications with no trouble?

We'll get to the bottom of this. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

• I am also seeing this same message when trying to edit an existing Text to Speech audio clip. I select the audio clip in the timeline, then under the Audio Tools tab, I select the Text to Speech option. I have noticed this happening more frequently at the end of the day, after having my story file open all day and returning back to it after attending other meetings, activities. So far, I've taken this as a sign to quit for the day and try again the next, and so far, that's worked!

Edit to add I am using the regular 32 bit version of SL.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Margaret,

Sorry to hear you also ran into this; I appreciate your patience with the troubleshooting. As I've shared in Jon's other post, we had a confirmed issue with text-to-speech, but our engineering team delivered a fix. If you still need help with the error, please let us know, and we'd be happy to assist!