Forum Discussion

StephenMoreland
Community Member
3 months ago

Theme Palette Changed Between Saved Versions

In the first version of my CBT, I selected a theme that is the closest to our company's theme colors. I created a second version where I changed the layout of some slides to give my client options. When I opened version 2 this morning to work on it, the theme colors were different although I haven't changed them. Why are the colors of the same theme different between 2 Storyline files?

• Hi Stephen,

Happy to help!

We are monitoring an issue where the "set default theme" option does not work for custom themes. The built-in themes allow this option to work for newly opened Storyline 360 projects. Can you confirm if you're using a custom theme for your projects so I can add you to the bug report? I appreciate the screenshots you shared, and they seem to validate that you are using a custom theme, but I want to make sure since the screenshots are cropped.

I'm looking forward to your response.

StephenMoreland
      Community Member

If I did customize a theme, it was purely accidental. Would using colors not contained in the drop-down theme (Office, for example) create a custom theme? If so, I have done that. I was able to copy a slide from the first version over to the second version and then change all the second version slides to the theme I wanted. Probably not the most elegant solution, but it worked.

Thank you,
      Steve

Please log Request for LMD support via the link below:

ADD LMD- Learning Material Requests

KellyAuner
        Staff

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the additional detail!

I've added this discussion to our bug report so we can update you as soon as we have news to share. I'm glad you were able to find a solution in the meantime, although I understand it's tedious! Also, just a quick note that replying via email includes your signature here so you are welcome to edit the post and remove that information if you wish.