Forum Discussion

JohnHedley-f07e
Community Member
6 months ago

Translation: Export to word problem

Hi All, 

Hoping somebody can shed some light on an issue I am having. I am currently in the early stages of translating courses we have built in Storyline to multiple languages for the different regions we have a presence in. I have encountered 2 problems so far that I am completely stumped by. The first, when I export my course to word using File > Translation > Export to Word - when I open the word document, the presentation has slides and content in it that are not in my actual .story file - it is our content, so it is coming from somewhere, but I cannot figure out where it is from - I have checked the slides for layers, hidden content, everything I can think of. I have attached the story file and the word doc to this post. 

The second issue is if I export the content to .xliff version 1.2 and complete the translation, when I upload that translated content back to storyline, the images etc are there, but the text boxes are blank. I tried with .xliff version 2 but the translation tool we are using doesn't accept it. 

If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

John