Forum Discussion

AprilDrennan-f8
Community Member
4 months ago

trouble with variables - requiring slides to be visited before another slide opens

Hi Everyone!

I am having trouble with a project I am doing. When the learner goes to the main navigation slide (Slide 1.3), they need to visit all four of the sections it links to. Then, the quiz button in the top right corner is enabled. The learner can then proceed to the quiz slide. It should become enabled on whatever slide they go to last and on the "home" slide. I had it working, but then it stopped. Please help!

• I got it to work. I think that there was an issue with the button to "Using Visuals Effectively" as it went to the "Preparation" slide. When I changed it to where it should go it worked. 

Also the way you have it set up trying to click the "Using Visuals Effectively" and "Measuring Learning Outcomes" is really hard. It seems that you have to click the darker blue part of the image rather than anywhere within the circle. 

• Thanks for your response. After I posted it, I worked on it some more and found the same problem. I have also resolved the problem with the circle. I appreciate you getting to me so quickly.

• You can streamline your workflow and create a more efficient solution with fewer triggers by placing the quiz button on the Master slide shared by those five slides. Use the menu elements solely for navigation between sections. Set the section variables to true when the timeline starts on each respective slide. On the Master slide, set up two triggers and an off-slide shape that serves as a prerequisite for subsequent conditional statements. The quiz button will become enabled when all variables are True, regardless of the current section. This is the only trigger with conditions to check if all sections are visited or if variables are true. I've attached a short video demonstrating this solution along with a revised version of your .story file.

• Thanks for your work on this and for the solution. I really do appreciate it. Yes, this would probably work better. Thank you!