Forum Discussion

KristinErinGraw
Community Member
10 months ago

Uploading resources errors

I’ve tried to add resources to my project multiple times and receive errors. I can’t upload a PDF or a word, document or anything.  I keep getting the same error and I don’t know what’s going on. 
Please help. 

• Hi Kristin, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag. 

From the screenshot, it looks like the application crashed while you were trying to add a resource. I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience: 

• Are you working locally when making edits to your Storyline 360 project file? 
    • Is this happening to all of your files regardless of file type and file size?
    • Were you able to previously add resources to your project, or is this your first time doing so?

If all files are affected and you are already working locally, try doing a repair of your Storyline 360 installation to see if this helps. If the issue is specific to certain projects or files, would you be willing to share a copy of those files here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

KristinErinGraw
      Community Member

I found the answer was a small extra character in the file location title
      in the parallels side of my computer that didn’t exist in the Mac side of
      my computer. It was so strange! Thank you so much for the response.

• Hi Kristin,

Thanks so much for updating this thread and I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue! If you run into any trouble moving forward, please let us know here or privately in a support case and we'll be happy to help!