Forum Discussion

TamelaCricke765
Community Member
3 months ago

Uploading Rise 360 courses into Storyline in order to lock down learning environment

I'm hoping someone can help with a quandary that I'm in. I created a bunch of course content for a client using Rise 360. Lots and lots of hours were spent building the content. I was recently informed that in order for this project to be "complete", the environment must be locked down so that students can't move on to the next lesson without first consuming the content in the course they're in, which isn't super feasible when using Rise 360 (at least in my experience). The big issue is that the LMS I'm using (Thinkific) doesn't allow you to disable the "Complete and Continue" navigational button at the bottom of each multimedia lesson. There's no way to turn it off...except if I finagle some Javascript in Storyline. Well, I need to get my Rise 360 courses into Storyline so I can adjust the Javascript to remove the "Complete and Continue" functionality in Thinkific, and as I'm trying to insert the Rise 360 course as a web object, it's not showing the "index.html" file as an option when I search my local computer. However, in File Explorer, the "index.html" file is there. I am at a loss as to what to do to make the index file appear so I can upload the Rise 360 content as a web object so I can do what I need to do to the Javascript. I've renamed the index file. I've zipped the content file. I've extracted all content from the zip file to no avail. Is there someone out there who is much smarter than me who can provide some direction? Without being able to lock down the learning environment, our courses will not be approved by the CE crediting body and we've done this project for nothing. I have to figure it out. Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

• Hi Tamela,

Based on what it sounds like your needs are, is there a reason you can't use the Theme -> Navigation -> Restricted navigation turned ON in the Rise course? That requires the learner to go through each lesson in order to move onto the next one. If you have individual interactions that you want them to do, you'd still need to use a continue button, but the Restricted option in the Theme should get you where you need to be!

• Hi Tamela!

Glad to see Elizabeth has been helping you!

I noticed that you've also opened a support case being handled by my colleague, Mick. You're in great hands working with him, and if you have follow-up questions feel free to reconnect with Mick through your case!