Forum Discussion

DarrenSutton-3b
Community Member
2 years ago

Vimeo Settings for Reach 360

Hi, all my course videos are hosted by Vimeo, they are viewable easily in Rise 360 but when I publish to Reach 360 they are not viewable.

I've added the Reach.360 domain to my allowed URLs in Vimeo.

Anyone else see this problem, any solutions please?

LaraSkaggs
    Community Member

Since my videos are proprietary, I cannot allow them to be embedded anywhere. Looking forward to hearing back regarding any updates.

LaraSkaggs
    Community Member

I have this same problem with Review 360. I added the URLs to the allowed URLs in Vimeo and the videos still say unavailable. It works in Rise and not in Review.

• Yes, that's exactly what I'm experiencing too Lara. I'm two days in to a trial and need this to be easily resolved before I commit to buying

• Hi Darren/Lara,

Thanks for letting us know that you're seeing this issue. We looked into this and have documented it as a possible software bug. We'll let you know here in this thread as soon as we have updates. In the meantime, you can try this as a workaround: change the privacy setting of your video in Vimeo and allow it to be embedded Anywhere. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have questions or concerns. 

• Thanks for your comment here Lea, however that's a less than workable solution for what is supposed to be a secure platform! 

• My thoughts exactly Lara and that's a disappointing response from the tech team

• Any update here please Lea, as a secure platform it's not great to expect content creators to leave their videos open access to all, particularly as we are charging clients for that content?

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Allison,

Sorry to hear you ran into this issue. We're still working on fixing this bug. In the meantime, we suggest using the workaround shared by my colleague Lea here to get your video to play properly.

We'll leave a message here so we can let everyone subscribed to this thread know as soon as a fix is released!

• Hi, 

we're struggling with the same but the workaround as mentioned above also doesn't seem to work. In Vimeo we allowed the video's to be embedded Anywhere but they still are not visible in review 360. Thank you in  advance for sharing any updates on this topic.