Forum Discussion

CatherineCha526
Community Member
3 years ago

Weblink on Page Does Not return to Course

I have a CBT course that has weblinks on various pages.  When launched from my LMS, I can go to a weblink and the webpage loads fine.  BUT, when I want to go back to the course to continue with it, I am being brought to the launch page for the course.  I want my learners to use the weblinks to get them through the course - not be brought out of the course and having to launch it again.  How do I get back to the course from a webpage?

BeccaLevan
    Community Member

Hey Catherine!

I'd be happy to investigate this with you! Here's my first thought.

If that isn't what you're looking for, is it possible to share your file we take a closer look? You can attach it to this discussion or upload it privately here.

Looking forward to your response so we can keep at this!

HumeraAli
    Community Member

Hi I am having the same issue but the "Here's my first thought.' file is no longer available. Anyone know how to come back to the course where the learner left off? Thanks

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Humera, 

This behavior might be LMS specific, depending on how your LMS opens your course and handles redirects. I did a quick test on my end using a simple weblink, and I can confirm that I am able to return to the course just fine after viewing it. Here's the link to the course that I used for testing so you can test the behavior yourself.

We recommend testing your course in a different LMS to see if the behavior is LMS specific. If you are able to replicate the behavior in SCORM Cloud, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening. We'll delete it when we're done testing!