Forum Discussion

SaraSpivy
Community Member
4 years ago

WPLMS vs LearnDash

I’m building a site from scratch that will host courses and a blog. I need something that will integrate seamlessly with my interactive storyline 360 and rise courses- which for now I am going to offer for free but I might want to add paid courses or a membership plan down the road. The two most viable options seem to be WPLMS (theme) or LearnDash (plug-in- and associated plugins). What are the pros and cons of each? Which will be better for SEO? Thanks in advance!

nsssaurabh
    Community Member

Hi, 
    IMO, LearnDash is a great option loaded with some really nice features to meet all your future requirements. The best thing about this plugin or say its USP is a dedicated community with 10k+ active members.

As you're using Articulate tools, LearnDash LMS does not have out of the box support for this type of content. You need a plugin that has tight integration with LearnDash like GrassBlade xAPI Companion to upload and add Storyline or rise content to LearnDash LMS Lesson, Topic, or Quiz pages.

There is a manual option to upload and place content on pages but it requires HTML and server/hosting management knowledge to do it. I won't recommend it if you have a lot of packages.

SEO is an approach based thing, you can do it with experience, LearnDash has all the qualities of a fully-fledged LMS to be a good fit. It requires a little bit of learning to grab all the benefits.

WPLMS is a theme that gives you a bunch of options to create an LMS site but not an LMS.

VibeThemes-
    Community Member

This is how you can integrate Articulate courses in WPLMS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX1RTQdHLVY 

I am a part of VibeThemes, so i would like to clarify on the WPLMS part here.

WPLMS is a full featured LMS platform. It is a Theme + LMS plugins. The feature set is huge which you can check at https://wplms.io/features . WPLMS is built on scalable architecture and we have many clients who are using Wplms with over 500k members if you are interested you can email for more information at vibethemes@gmail.com . 

The best part is that WPLMS is built on App technology and it gets converted into a mobile app which you can use in your mobile, desktop, tablet for creating courses and your students can use the same app for consuming courses. Once setup [which we provide], you do not even need to know how to use WordPress.