Forum Discussion

EdwardKeeley
Community Member
3 years ago

Wrong Audio Playback

So, this is a weird one. One of my colleagues is working on a module with different versions for different languages, including the voice-overs. Said voice-overs are recorded outside of Storyline, and then the audio files inserted into the appropriate versions of the module.

The problem is thus: although the preview for, say, the French version plays the correct French audio, when published it will instead play the correct VO for that slide, but in one of the other languages, such as Chinese.

Again, these aren't created in Storyline, and while editing and previewing the project, each version seems to have the VO of the correct language, but something is causing them to play the wrong language when published, even though the file for the other language VO shouldn't even be in the project!

I haven't got the files on hand as of typing this up, but I expect to have them shortly, as I've been asked to have a look at this and see if I can figure out what's happening - less because I'm more experienced with the program, more because my workload is far less today than most of my colleagues, so I actually have the free time to work on this.

That said, I currently haven't got the faintest idea what might be happening, and was curious if anyone here might know better? Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Just as a quick additional, I will update this post once I actually have the files on hand. Until then, if you have any suggestions or questions to maybe help out that rely on me having those files, I will not be able to respond.

EdwardKeeley
      Community Member

Unfortunately I'm not wholly sure how much I can post here from it, unfortunately. Mostly this is to put out feelers to see if anyone has ever heard of a similar issue to this before? I have to admit, had it not happened I'd have dismissed it as impossible out of hand.

Regrettably, before the files could be sent to me we got a sudden workload increase for a set of projects, so what the plan is now is a bit up in the air at the moment.