Articulate ID removal

Oct 03, 2022

I have a few employees that want to make comments on a course without having to sign in. (I checked the box in which all employees can comment without an  ID)The issue is that these few started creating an account inadvertently, so now when they go to post a comment and enter their email, it requires them to finish creating their account with that email. Is there a way to keep Articulate from recognizing the email address they enter so they can make their comments?

Thanks so much in advance! 

6 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Heather, and thanks for reaching out!

I understand you checked the box to Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment. Although they do not need to create an Articulate ID, they will be prompted to sign in with their email address so they can receive notifications for replies.

The advantage of creating an account is that they will then be able to manage the frequency of email notifications when a new comment is left.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and I'll be happy to help!

Heather Grosskopf

Okay thank you. Since we don't have access to an LMS, I use their comments as a way of tracking completion. They themselves don't necessarily need to see the comments for other staff that complete it. If that makes any sense! They would just like to be able to enter a comment without an actual account.  I think since they had accidentally started a process for an account it won't let them out of it. 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Heather, 

Thanks for the additional information. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the behavior of requiring users with existing Articulate IDs to not log in before being able to leave a comment. 

I’ll be happy to pass your thoughts on to our product team, but you can also feel free to detail them more through a feature request!