Audio delay in Review360

Oct 02, 2023

My team and I are having an issue when we publish a course to Review360 or add a SL block to Rise the first audio of the course is delayed. We first added 5-8 seconds of delay before other assets entered the slide, but that didn't help. Then we added a trigger to pause the timeline on the base layer and show an intro layer with a "start" button. Now I've even tried adding a completely additional slide with no audio and just a start button, but the audio is still delayed when it comes in on the second slide. It happens with both SL TTS and audio that we've uploaded. If two audio files are present on the first slide, it delays the first audio but not the second audio so then they play on top of each other. Has anyone else encountered this and do you have any ideas on how to fix it?

3 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Melissa!

Thanks so much for reaching out! 👋

I have a few quick questions in order to better understand your setup.

Are you currently working from your local C: drive? We recommend working locally to avoid any erratic behavior. 

Could you please share the Review link for your course as well as the .story file so we can take a closer look at your setup? You can upload to this thread or privately in a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

bylittle learning

We encountered a similar problem, in fact, yesterday. One of our developers was trying to solve why a slide had audio when they hadn't added audio in the first place. What they did was add an audio, publish the file, remove the audio, republish the file, and problem solved. Have you tried doing that but backward? Removing, adding, publishing, removing, adding, publishing??

Sounds like a lot of work but sometimes it is the only way with these issues: no instructions or steps are written in stone.