Audio won't play in Articulate Review

Dec 04, 2017

Hi,

I've created a course in Articulate 360, when I played the publish copy everything was fine. I sent it for a customer review, and the sound is not there. I published again, and tried again and still no sound. I also tried going into my tray and check the mute on speakers and everything seems fine

93 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kathy, 

Could you share a copy of your project file and a link to the Review course with me? I would want to take a look at it and test it - I'd hate for you to be stuck on something easy, and if it's an issue I can reproduce I can report it to our QA team to investigate and fix. 

Let me know if you can share here using the Add Attachment button or if you need to send along privately to our Engineers here.

Kathy Peek

Hi Ashley,
Here's the file and the Articulate Review link https://360.articulate.com/review/content/5e154673-66da-41c4-80cd-e7d7f63dd6a2/review. However, I can't find the file in Articulate 360,nor is it in my Articulate folder on my desktop.

*Kathy Peek
Instructional Designer
Georgia Power
4826 Klondike Road
Main Building
Lithonia, Georgia
Tel 770.808.3025
Mobile 678.596.8941
georgiapower.com

[GA

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the link! I viewed it on Chrome v.62, and I was able to hear the audio. You can click here to see a screen recording of my testing. What web browser did you use for testing?

Note:  you can edit out your contact information from your post if you'd like!  Replying via email will include your signature.

Kathy Peek

Hi Alyssa,
I checked my version of IE and it is the same as yours. I tested the sound by running a YOUTUBE video and the sound sounds great. However, I ran the SL 360 review throught, IE, Google and there is nothing.

*Kathy Peek
Instructional Designer
Georgia Power
4826 Klondike Road
Main Building
Lithonia, Georgia
Tel 770.808.3025
Mobile 678.596.8941
georgiapower.com

[GA

Kathy Peek

Alyssa,
It seems that the course will only launch with sound intermittently. I ran it after I sent you the previous email, and it played fine. I sent it to the customer and they were able to hear it also. I made some edits, played it again (I tried this several times within 3 hours), with no sound in the course.

*Kathy Peek
Instructional Designer
Georgia Power
4826 Klondike Road
Main Building
Lithonia, Georgia
Tel 770.808.3025
Mobile 678.596.8941
georgiapower.com

[GA

Alyssa Gomez

Hmm, that's really odd! Our Support Engineers may be able to help you identify the culprit. Could you share the Review link, as well as the original project file, with our team by clicking here? Thanks!

Note: You can edit out your contact information from your post if you'd like!  Replying via email will include your signature.

Kathy Peek

Hi Alyssa,

Yes, I am the original author. I also tried to publish it to Articulate Online, it published, however, upon playback the sound still does not work. When I went back to the actual course and  previewed it, the sound worked fine. I need to get this to the client, but it isn't working.

Deneille Walters

I'm also having this same issue. I don't believe it's a problem in Storyline, but an issue with Articulate Review as my files work everywhere else. Any updates on if this is being fixed soon? Thanks

UPDATE: Audio seems to work in Internet Explorer but not in Chrome. Still searching for a response though as most of my audience uses Chrome.

Jenny McClintock

I am having the same problem!! I created a big course with the Demo version of Presenter 360 and it worked fine. I just bought the full version. Now when I publish the audio doesn't work on the review site! When I preview the slides locally, the sound works. This is a big problem because I need to get this done today!