No sound in Articulate 360 Review Link

Aug 30, 2018

I cant hear sound when I publish SL to Articulate 360. Plays fine in SL preview mode and when it is zipped and uploaded to LMS.

9 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there David! I'm happy to help you narrow this down. Let's start with these details:

• Are you on the latest update of Storyline 360? To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. You should see 3.19.16600.0 in the bottom-right corner. 

• Does this slide have an audio file, a video file, or both?
  • Is this happening on the first slide in the course?
Crystal Horn

Hey there, David.  Thanks for the details.  I created a quick little demo course with Storyline (we just released update 20), first slide with audio and video, and second slide with audio.  It played normally for me in Windows Chrome, IE and Edge.  Can you test my link and tell me if you see the same?

Can you share a link to your content in Review?  Also, let me know what browsers you've tested!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David,

What versions of Chrome and IE are you using? I tested Crystal's link in Chrome ver 69 on Mac and Windows and it worked in both spots. Also, in IE11 on Windows. 

The second slide has audio, that starts out a tad low (almost sounds like static) but give in a few seconds and you should hear a nice song! 

Lastly, is this only on Review that you don't hear audio? Do you hear it when preview in Storyline? What about if you publish and upload to an LMS or server? It may be worth looking into enabling the network endpoints and ports listed here, in case one of those not being connected is causing issues with your audio.

Let us know! 

Ren Gomez

Hi Rahul,

Since this discussion is a bit older, can you provide more details on what you're experiencing?

• Which software are you publishing from?
  • Does everything work as expected in Preview mode?
  • Have you tried other browsers or other publishing formats to see if it's specific to Review 360?

Our support team would be happy to look at your course file and help troubleshoot the issue. Use this link here to submit a case!