Published Story

Nov 13, 2023

I created a Storyline and published it to Review 360. 

The original is no longer in my Storyline, if the published version needs modifications-how can I move it from Review back to Storyline?

Thank you

4 Replies
Judy Nollet

If you don't have the .story file, you'll have to re-create the project from scratch. 

FYI: You can now include a copy of the .story file when publishing to Review. This function is currently in beta (https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/new-in-storyline-360-cloud-backup-beta ). Alas, that doesn't help you now, but it's good to know for the future. 

Steven Benassi

Hi Sara!

I see that Judy has been helping you out, and I can confirm a .story file cannot be extracted from the published output. However, you might be able to retrieve a version of the file by searching for it in your temporary files folder. Here's how:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of the project. If found, copy it to the desktop. If there’s more than one, copy the latest version to the desktop.
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on the desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!