Publishing to Review, but having to republish a new item each time

Apr 11, 2023

Hello,

I have been trying to publish and update a Rise product in Review. I was not the original content creator to publish into Review, however as I will be the main staff member updating and publishing to review from this point onwards I made some updates and then published to review by selecting 'Create a new item'.

I then made some further updates and noticed when I go to the Publish to Review area, I can only select 'Create a new item', I can't 'Publish a new version of an existing item'...

When I go directly to Review 360, this module doesn't appear at all, even though I have now published it multiple times to Review 360.

Pinned Reply
6 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Emily,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue when publishing the course to Review 360, and I'm happy to provide some clarification. I understand that you're not the original author of the course.

If you're a course manager, you'll only have the option to Create a new item when publishing to Review 360, since the existing item isn't in your own Review 360 dashboard. You won't see this new item published in your Review 360 account, but the original course owner will see it in theirs. 

I understand how that functionality is challenging for your team, and any feedback is really helpful. We'll let you know if we make changes to collaborating in Review 360 in the future!

Emily Takayama

Ok great, so to clarify -

Even though I'm not the original course owner, I can republish the review version which will update the review copy while maintaining the original review link (if already shared with reviewers)?

This is great news actually, we hadn't realised that anyone else was able to update the review version and maintain the review link apart from the original course owner.

Thanks!

Emily

Emily Takayama | Senior Learning Designer | Faculty of Science and Engineering
12 Wallys Walk, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia | mq.edu.au

[cid:image001.png@01D96D19.095CD8B0] [cid:image002.png@01D96D19.095CD8B0]

[cid:image003.png@01D96D19.095CD8B0]
FLEX: I work fully remotely and work a compressed 9 day fortnight (every second Friday off).
CRICOS Provider Number 00002J

This email (including all attachments) is confidential. It may be subject to legal professional privilege and/or protected by copyright. If you receive it in error do not use it or disclose it, notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and destroy any copies. The University does not guarantee that any email or attachment is secure or free from viruses or other defects. The University is not responsible for emails that are personal or unrelated to the University's functions.

I acknowledge the traditional custodians of the Macquarie University Land, the Wallamattagal clan of the Darug nation, whose cultures and customs have nurtured, and continue to nurture, this land since the Dreamtime. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.

John Morgan

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the follow-up question! I understand you want to clarify some of the details while republishing your course in Review 360. Yes, that is correct, as the course manager you are able to create a new item when publishing to Review 360, and an updated version of the course will be created and the original review link will remain intact.

I hope this clarifies things!

Emily Takayama

Hello,

It seems that this wasn't the case - see the two screenshots here - the link is different and one has collected feedback while the other has not. Is this the expected behaviour?

Thanks,

Emily

Emily Takayama | Senior Learning Designer | Faculty of Science and Engineering
12 Wallys Walk, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia | mq.edu.au

[cid:image001.png@01D96DE5.994080E0] [cid:image002.png@01D96DE5.994080E0]

[cid:image003.png@01D96DE5.994080E0]
FLEX: I work fully remotely and work a compressed 9 day fortnight (every second Friday off).
CRICOS Provider Number 00002J

This email (including all attachments) is confidential. It may be subject to legal professional privilege and/or protected by copyright. If you receive it in error do not use it or disclose it, notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and destroy any copies. The University does not guarantee that any email or attachment is secure or free from viruses or other defects. The University is not responsible for emails that are personal or unrelated to the University's functions.

I acknowledge the traditional custodians of the Macquarie University Land, the Wallamattagal clan of the Darug nation, whose cultures and customs have nurtured, and continue to nurture, this land since the Dreamtime. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Emily, 

Looks like you tried to share screenshots with us that didn't go through. You can include the screenshots as attachments in your reply by clicking on the 'Add Attachment' button, and we'll be glad to take a look at your Review 360 link details. 

I wanted to note that if you published the course as a new item using your own account, then it is expected behavior for a new and different Review 360 link to be generated. Can you confirm if this is the case?

Also, your contact information came through as well. This Peek video will show you how to edit it out if you’d like!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.