Review 360 not showing when you have new Feedback in top menu

May 22, 2020

Hi everyone,

Wondering since the last upgrade if anyone noticed you are not seeing the red circle with the number of new feedback comments on the top Feedback menu?  I am still getting the email notifications which makes me go in.  I have had this happen after an upgrade years ago but been a long time.

I have been working on three e-learnings, and all three since last upgrade are no longer registering there are new messages, when I click it I can see there are new ones.

Just wondering if I am alone here..

33 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello there, Teresa!

Thanks for the screenshot and so sorry you're seeing that. I'm having trouble recreating the missing feedback notice on a hosted Storyline 360 Update 40 course:

Let's dig in!

• When you access new comments through the email notification, is the red circle missing? Or, is it missing if you go through the Review 360 dashboard?
  • Is this happening in all browsers or a certain one?
  • Any trends in terms of the reviewer? (i.e., is laurapastore01@gmail.com the only affected email?)
Teresa Vanderpost

Thanks for the video Katie.  So, this is like the character insert crashing my storyline, it is not consistent, and so hard to reproduce.  I have the latest storyline and chrome like you and on Windows 10.  I have two other elearnings in progress and the Feedback red circle is working fine.  I actually noticed that this happened on two existing elearnings where the feedback works for ever, and then all of a sudden stopped.  I can confirm that it is different users, as the other elearning was a different editor and his stopped showing up.  The good thing is I am still getting the emails so I know they are there, and when I click on Feedback they are in there, just not seeing the notice.  I think I had loggedi as an issue a long long time ago with Articulate as well.  So probably a file under my name...but again we couldn't duplicate, so I just thought I would see if it was happening to anyone else.  I am not too concerned just wanted to check in.

Also, I had posted a long time ago about the black screen flash when you open a pop up window, and I noticed it is still happening, are you able to see if that is in progress of being fixed?  No worries if you can't 

Cheers

Teresa

Lauren Connelly

Hi Teresa!

Thank you for those extra details! I was looking at similar snags, and republishing the course to Review 360 does the trick. Instead of choosing "Publish an Updated Version", try using "Publish a New Version."

I found the bug report that addresses the issue where lightboxes are blank and flicker when they open using the Classic Player. I don't have an update to share on the progress of this bug. I'll add this discussion to the report so that we can keep you updated when we have a fix!

Teresa Vanderpost

If you publish a new version though, do you lose all the comments from the other version.

I just started a new elearning and the feedback is working fine, I find it is just an occasional hiccup.  But wanted to see if I was the only one.

Thanks for the update on the black flash on pop up for classic player.  I have a lot of pop up s in the current elearning and for me the black box is so noticeable, but hopefully learners will not be bothered by it.  Fingers crossed they tackle it soon.  I prefer the Classic player functionality over Modern, so I hope they do fix it.

Thanks Lauren.

Vincent Scoma

Hi Teresa,

Great question! 

When publishing a new version of a course, comments will roll forward with each new version. You’ll see comments for the version you selected and all versions before it. To see the latest comments, you will want to view the current version of a project.

To switch between versions, you will want to click on the Version drop-down list in the upper left corner of the screen and choose a version number: 

Matthew McCabe
Teresa Vanderpost

Hi everyone,

Wondering since the last upgrade if anyone noticed you are not seeing the red circle with the number of new feedback comments on the top Feedback menu?  I am still getting the email notifications which makes me go in.  I have had this happen after an upgrade years ago but been a long time.

I have been working on three e-learnings, and all three since last upgrade are no longer registering there are new messages, when I click it I can see there are new ones.

Just wondering if I am alone here..

Hi all,

Yes unfortunately I am having the same issue as Teresa. Rather oddly, it wasn't following an update or similar - one day it was working and the next it wasn't. I've tried signing out/in, clearing my browser cache and installed the latest Storyline update but no effect.

If anyone has found a fix to this I'd be very grateful.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing that you're running into a similar issue that was originally reported.

I created a sample course with a couple of versions published to Review 360 to try to replicate and think I'm curious if you're seeing what I experienced when viewing a different version. Take a look at this Peek 360 video for a better explanation and let me know if that fits what you are seeing as well.

Teresa Vanderpost

Just to comment for Matthew and after reviewing Leslie's video, the issue Matthew describes still happens but is so random, I understand why difficult to troubleshoot.  I always publish a new version of an existing item and every once in a while someone will tell me they added comments but the Feedback menu at the top that gives the red circle with the number of new feedback items just doesn't show up.  I get the emails so it is okay I know to go in, but again very random but I can confirm I am always on the current version when looking.

Cheers

T

Matthew McCabe

Hi Leslie,

I had a look at your video and can confirm that yes I am looking at the most recent version of the course. I have uploaded quite a lot of versions though (currently on number 19) so perhaps that's a factor?

I've attached a screenshot showing my view, you'll see that I'm looking at the 'Current Version' and that there are 5 separate comments visible on screen (although a lot more elsewhere), yet there is no 'red circle'.

It's not a deal breaker as like Teresa has mentioned, you still get email notifications and the feedback is visible, however, I found it extremely handy to be able to see the amount of new feedback.

Thanks,

Matt

Teresa Vanderpost

Morning, I always use the latest version of Chrome.  And as mentioned it is so random.  IE is not supported at our office so don't use it.  And if I recall when I had the issue before I tried both Chrome and Firefox and it was the same where they both didn't show at the time.  It has been working for me lately.

Matthew McCabe

Hi all,

I am using Edge primarily but it also happens in IE (I don't have access to Chrome on my works machine).

I did export/publish a new version of the course to see if the issue persisted but in the new version the number did show - however of course the comments don't migrate across with it....

Teresa Vanderpost

So, just wanted to let you know it happened this morning,  You can clearly see I have an unread feedback on the first slide but no number on the Feedback menu.  I actually have about 50 or more unread comments on this one and you see I have no feedback number.  image attached.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/787e4f42-b4c1-485f-97de-4579cf706b87/review

Not sure if you will see it not working, I am just starting to work on the feedback comment/edits now, so they will gradually disappear but if you look soon you will see hopefully what I see.  Unread comments but no feedback number.

Katie Riggio

Good morning, Teresa!

I appreciate you circling back with more examples. They're very helpful, and I'll surface these to my team so we can update this discussion with any news.

Thanks for bearing with us, and we're here if there's anything else we can do in the meantime.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Tim!

I'm sorry that you ran into the issue where feedback notifications aren't showing in Review 360. It is currently in the early stages of review based on our How We Tackle Bugs article. 

I've added your comments to our bug report. I'll advocate on your behalf, and jump back in with any progress!
Sharon Bildstein

I'm having same issue with seeing how many review comments have been entered.  I saw the number on last Friday, but now on Monday I don't see them.  It's helpful to know the total so I know how long to plan for the next step of making the edits.  And I did upgrade Storyline Monday morning, although I hadn't correlated that as the reason for the now missing total number.

Ren Gomez

Hey Cat,

Thanks for sharing your experience as well. It looks like we're still having some intermittent issues with feedback notifications. To get the best experience, I recommend using the latest version of any browser mentioned below.

As an example, I tried Chrome's latest version and was successful in seeing new notifications.

Sheena Krock

I'm having a similar issue, in both Chrome and Edge. I can't see any new comments, even though I know people replied. Comments are enabled. The only way I can see them is if I click on the link in the notification email 360 sends me. I am running Chrome Version 91.0.4472.101 (Official Build) (32-bit), which is the latest version. I would rather not have to go through emails to click on the link to see comments; I should be able to see them when I'm in 360, especially since I am working on several courses at once. I have also just run the latest Articulate update. Any ideas? Oh and this only started happening about a week ago.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Sheena!

I'm sorry you're running into this issue too! I appreciate you sharing the browser version you're using as well. Do you see the feedback notification not appear in all of the courses published to Review 360 or just a certain one?

As you'll see in the previous comments in this discussion, this has been a difficult issue to recreate, which makes it even more challenging to tackle. We appreciate you taking the time to contribute!

Sheena Krock

Thank you for taking the time to look into this! It's very weird, I don't envy you this one. I keep thinking it's a browser issue, but since it is occurring in both Edge and Chrome I'm not so sure. And my colleague is not having the same issue. We are on the same config and are both running the latest Articulate update. I have several courses in progress in both SL and Rise. So yesterday I received an email I had a comment in a SL course on 360. I couldn't see it. When I open my 360 library today, I can see the notification in the upper right, and can see the comments just like I'm supposed to. This was not happening yesterday, I swear. Today it seems all the SL courses are working again.

However I have another course in Rise, where I have several emails indicating comments, but when I go there using the 360 site I see there are no comments.

When I click on the link in the email notification however I can view the comments and see how many are new. There are no new ones in this shot because I looked at them already. There are several more comments below these. This is the exact same course. If I leave the screen below and say go back to my library, when I come back to the course the comments are all gone again.

To see any comments I MUST click on the link that comes in the email notification (example attached).

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, I appreciate the troubleshooting!