Review links slower than usual

Oct 13, 2023

Hello! 

This issue seemed to coincide with your new update to allow for SCORM backups to the review site. 

I have shared two courses - in both, our clients have had difficulty reviewing any slides containing video, voiceover, and interactions: 

• Video slides take forever (upwards of 5 minutes or more, even though our video files are smaller in size 5-10 MB). 
  • Voiceover sounds cut up, even though it sounds fine during production. Files are also small. 
  • Interactions require multiple clicks. They work fine in production.

I've resorted to telling our clients to wait a few minutes to wait until the site loads, but this is not professionally acceptable. The next step is to load review files into our LMS, have the client experience like that, and then provide review on the review link. This is not okay!

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Hianna,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. 

We aren't seeing this behavior reported by our other users, and there are also no outages that are ongoing which might affect the loading of videos in Review 360. 

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience: 

• Are you able to replicate the behavior using other browsers?
  • Have you tried viewing the Review 360 links in incognito/private mode to see if the videos will load faster there?
  • Would it be possible for you to view the Review 360 links while connected to a different network to test if the issue is only happening when you're connected to your organization's network?

Additionally, would you be willing to share the following with us here or in private by opening a case with our support team so we can take a closer look at what's happening?

• The Review 360 link of your published course which is taking too long to load
  • A copy of your .story project file so we can attempt to publish our own Review 360 copy to see if we will be able to replicate the behavior

Looking forward to your response!