Add a button into an accordion segment?

Oct 17, 2023

Can two interactive elements be combined?   My designer wants to add an interactive button that links to a website inside each segment of an accordion interactive.  Is this possible? 

I don't use Rise so I just don't know what to tell her about how to add a button that links to the web as part of each accordion section. 

2 Replies
Tim St. Clair

Phil Foss offered a solution for editing the styling of a hyperlink to look like a button.  See https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/center-button-in-a-button-block.

A limitation is that if you want to override the colour of the link on the button, you are limited because Rise is a bit over-the-top in its use of "important" css rules, so when you want to make a hyperlink look like a button like this:

you would edit the style on the element with these custom styles:

it renders like below becasue it sets the foreground colour to the brand colour and implements it using "important", meaning you can't change it. (this happens when you preview/publish, not when you edit).

That said, you can certainly use other colours, but the text on the "button" will always be in the theme colour. Another limitation is that you can't make it change on hover, visited, etc. This isn't as ideal as Articulate just adding the ability to add buttons anywhere, it's as good as you're going to get.