Adding "Continue" button to Rise Quiz

Oct 24, 2018

Hello.

I have a lesson that comes after a Quiz to wrap up the module and thank the student for participating.  However, there is no way to add a "Continue" button in a block for a quiz.

I do not want my students to be able to navigate freely using the sidebar, so I have that options set to "Closed."

Quizzes are considered "lessons" so why is there no option to add Block functionality?   This feature was just rolled out for all other lesson types just last week, so how did Quizzes miss the cut?

What are my options here?  I do see that others have asked the same question in the forums but I am on a tight delivery schedule and need to have this addressed ASAP.  I also see a workaround that someone offered using Storyline, but I do not want to go through that unless it is absolutely necessary.  

This feature should be in Rise.

Thank you.

Dave

181 Replies
Anthony Goss

I agree that we need a CONTINUE button instead of this one.  My students do not see it either.  I am not sure why these fixes cannot be implemented.  They seem related to the Rise quiz.  We still do not have copy and paste, which also seems doable since you can easily copy blocks inside of lessons.  I have been asking for these things as well for quite some time!  

Karen Kennedy

New User here. I'm glad I was able to find this issue and understand that it wasn't a New-User issue, but it seems _silly_ that Rise doesn't provide ability to add the same, consistent easy-to-see navigation throughout a course. That is just bad course design, and I'm sure that's not what you want us to provide. 

The attached screenshot shows that in full-screen mode (on a very large monitor), Rise only shows the Take Again option. The user HAS to scroll to see the Continue button. Frustrating.

Looking forward to this getting resolved very soon!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Emelia. 

There are two conditions that must be met for the Continue “button” to pop up:

1. The Prev/Next Buttons should be turned off, and
  2. The Sidebar should be set to No Sidebar.

To turn off Prev/Next Buttons go to Settings, click Navigation, and toggle the Previous & Next Buttons option to Off.

Learn how to turn off the Sidebar right here.

Roxy Diolazo
Alyssa Gomez

Hi folks!

I apologize, that was my misunderstanding. I was thinking you were referring to adding a Continue button block, similar to the button you can find in Blocks lessons.

If you have the sidebar set to No Sidebar and the previous/next buttons turned off, you'll get a button to continue after the quiz if there is more content.

So you're right, David! We added the feature you requested 8 months ago. Let me know if that's what you had in mind!

Hey Alyssa,

I did the same settings for my Rise module, however, in the Quiz's Results slide, instead of the text "Continue" (based on your screenshot), it currently just shows the text "Lesson 14 - ". Which really looks weird because it looks like it was cut off, with the dash at the end. But I would prefer for it to be a different text. Can you please show me how to change that text so it will also show as "Continue" instead?

Thank you!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Roxy. Thanks for letting us know you ran into that issue — we're seeing it on our side, too! We've logged this as a software bug, and I can reach back out if I get new information about it. 

In the meantime, the only way I have found to get around this issue is to adjust the quiz setting "Require Passing Score to Continue" to OFF

David Wolfe

This is not what I had in mind.  I was asking for block functionality in quizzes similar to what is available in the other lessons.  The "Continue" button text is too small and as other users pointed out it often gets cut off on their screen.  When will "block" functionality be available in Quizzes?  I'm weary of fielding user complaints that they can't move forward.

Brad Aleman

I really want to emphasize how bad of an experience this is for users right now. What David is saying is right--we need a way to add a big, obvious continue button, especially since we're training users to be looking for the big Continue button that they have on every other lesson. But when they get to the quiz, it's something completely different, and they actually often have to scroll down to see the tiny continue button.

Wei Hann Loo

Setting of "No side-bar" and turn off prev/next buttons in order for the continue button to appear automatically after a quiz. 

this will pose another problem for those learner that has completed the module previously. there is no way for them to revisit and jump to the topic that they want... 

possible to make it for either "No side-bar" and "Closed"?