Adding "Continue" button to Rise Quiz

Oct 24, 2018

Hello.

I have a lesson that comes after a Quiz to wrap up the module and thank the student for participating.  However, there is no way to add a "Continue" button in a block for a quiz.

I do not want my students to be able to navigate freely using the sidebar, so I have that options set to "Closed."

Quizzes are considered "lessons" so why is there no option to add Block functionality?   This feature was just rolled out for all other lesson types just last week, so how did Quizzes miss the cut?

What are my options here?  I do see that others have asked the same question in the forums but I am on a tight delivery schedule and need to have this addressed ASAP.  I also see a workaround that someone offered using Storyline, but I do not want to go through that unless it is absolutely necessary.  

This feature should be in Rise.

Thank you.

Dave

181 Replies
Lance Crowe

Instead of continually whining on this board, I did something more actionable.  Then I posted something I was asked to remove by an Articulate leader in order to allow for an official announcement.  It was out of that same respect you made your statement to me above to be "less helpful" that I complied with their request.  Luckily you will be "helped" with everyone else shortly.  

David Wolfe

What you characterize as "whining" I view more as vocal discontent amongst a group of professionals who have been given nothing but a pro forma response on a glaring functionality deficit from Articulate for over 2 years.

Considering your apparent connections with the highest level of decision-makers at Articulate, one might have expected that you would have chimed in with your unique insight and influence much sooner than this to help quell the "whining."

I'm still curious as to why you ended up being the person to deliver this epic progress update and not an actual Articulate representative.  Your announcement, if true, marks the most significant piece of information entered in this thread in 2 years.  Something just doesn't pass the smell test.

Ultimately, someone's credibility will suffer.  If the news is false, then you will essentially be labeled a troll.  If it's true, then Articulate's credibility takes a hit in their failure to utilize their own internal staff to address customer concerns.

As for the rest of us, nothing changes.  We will just continue to sit and wait for an outcome, a feeling we've all grown quite accustomed to over a very long period of time.

Lance Crowe

David if you bothered to check I have chimed in on this issue quite harshly over the past 2 years, multiple times.  But after 2 years it became clear that this route was not working.  So rather than continuing down a futile pathway, I tried another.  Luckily your "smeller" isn't the judge and jury on this issue.  Additionally, your enthusiasm at potentially labeling me a "troll" is interesting.  You seem in error that I seek your approval and worry about the status of my credibility.  When this is resolved, you will still be who you are as will I, which I am very comfortable with.  I'm simply willing to try to help SOLVE an ongoing problem.  I was asked to immediately delete the post due to the potential of responses exactly like yours.  While it is unfortunate Julie chose to copy and repost it after it was deleted, in the end it won't matter.  What will be will be. 

David Wolfe

Well Lance, unfortunately for you I did check.  You have a total of 14 posts in your profile.  Counting the post from last week that you deleted, you have a total of three posts on this topic and all have come within the last two weeks. Feel free to review the attached screenshot.

So please tell me again how you "chimed in on this issue quite harshly over the past 2 years, multiple times."  My "smeller" may not be the judge and jury on this issue, but your comments continue to have a distinct scent of BS.

I have no desire to label you as a "troll."  I hope that for myself and all of the other disgruntled Rise customers that your information is accurate.  I'm merely saying that if none of this comes to pass as you have indicated, that is how you will be perceived.

Lance Crowe

You disappoint me in your attempt at claiming the high ground.  As you can see via the graphic below, I have commented for nearly 2 years.  Based upon your previously stated value of reputation and credibility, I realize this is likely a shock.  But like I said, I am comfortable that we will both continue to be who we are even after this exchange.  

David Wolfe

Commenting one time over a year ago does not exactly match your assertion of "harshly, multiple times."

And at the time you posted that single comment (over a year ago), you had a total of FIVE posts across all topics of the Articulate forums.

Please stop....you're not helping yourself at all.

Lance Crowe

But it does nicely dispel the misinformation you were attempting to spread that "all (my posts) have come within the last two weeks. Feel free to review the attached screenshot.".  

And this isn't the only thread addressing this particular issue.  I realize it is yours, my Majesty, but there are others as well.

David Wolfe

I'm sure there are other threads on this issue.   Sadly, it doesn't appear that you contributed to any of those either.  Here's a list of your thread activity outside of my thread:

Storyline 2: Roulette Example
Storyline 2: Mobile-Inspired Video Player
Storyline 2: Black and White Movie Player
Storyline 2 Crash
Articulate Replay playing nice with Storyline 2
Loading Storyline 2 onto SharePoint
HTML5 Makes My Program Go Pear-Shaped
Motion Path Question
Storyline 1 Opening File Issue

Feel free to show me where you "chimed in quite harshly on this issue multiple times" in any of those threads.

I can continue to refute your claims all day, but unfortunately I don't get paid to do that.  Best to you, and again, I hope your information is accurate.  About one week or so remaining to see if pans out.

Lance Crowe

I'm sure you will be the FIRST to post.  And remember, the message to me was it would be approximately in that time frame.  When it is said and done, I expect you to hang your hat on a technicality while the rest of us are using the new option.  Oh, and why must I continually refute your false claims (like I already have)?   I've proven myself with evidence.  I won't take the bait having to do it over and over again until you feel like you have won something.  We've waited over 2 years for this situation to be resolved, and I have been assured it will be by someone who can make such statements.  If you claim victory over a day or week in the approximate window being hit versus solution becoming available after 2 years, that is your perspective.  I am beginning to better understand why Articulate may not have been prioritizing your opinions and requests.  Maybe t ry focusing on the positives versus trying to be a "cancel advocate" in the future. 

Crystal Horn

Hi everybody. I apologize for another notification if you are subscribed to this discussion, but it felt important to clear up any misinformation about this feature request.

It is not on our roadmap right now to make changes to the quiz results page in Rise 360. I'm sorry to disappoint you if you were expecting otherwise as a result of recent posts! If there is another update to share about this request, a member of our team (designated by the staff badge you see next to my name) will post one here.

As a reminder, the E-Learning Heroes community is a space we all share to give ideas, get ideas, and ask questions. Our goal is to help you build better courses in Rise 360. Please check out our community guidelines which were written to keep E-Learning Heroes a healthy and productive space!

David Wolfe

Thank you Crystal and it is regrettable that the conversation in this thread went sideways.  I take exception with those who come into a thread I started, pose as some sort of authority to drop a "breaking news" bomb to raise false hopes, then almost immediately delete it without explanation.   The only thing that the poster accomplished was to create confusion in an environment that was already saturated with discontent.

Your post confirms what I had suspected all along.  Thank you again for clarifying the current situation.  I will reiterate my comment from earlier in this thread that nobody should trust any information or update that does not come from an actual Articulate employee.

Julie Franke
Crystal Horn

Hi everybody. I apologize for another notification if you are subscribed to this discussion, but it felt important to clear up any misinformation about this feature request.

It is not on our roadmap right now to make changes to the quiz results page in Rise 360. I'm sorry to disappoint you if you were expecting otherwise as a result of recent posts! If there is another update to share about this request, a member of our team (designated by the staff badge you see next to my name) will post one here.

As a reminder, the E-Learning Heroes community is a space we all share to give ideas, get ideas, and ask questions. Our goal is to help you build better courses in Rise 360. Please check out our community guidelines which were written to keep E-Learning Heroes a healthy and productive space!

Thanks for the update.

Can I ask WHY it is NOT on the roadmap? This has been a very active post with many people asking for it to be fixed. The work around you have suggested is frankly not helpful at all - so what can we as a community do to get something done about this? It is extremely confusing for users to NOT have a CONTINUE button available after a quiz that matches the rest of a course.

I am a HUGE fan of Articulate products but it can be hard sometimes when glaring issues like this sit for years without any progress.

So what can we do to get this issue on the roadmap?

Brian Gil

Hi everyone, jumping in here to give a bit more information from the Articulate perspective.

Please know that we have been monitoring this request and other needs around course customization. Those inputs were merged into a more extensive set of product enhancements currently under development.

Recently we decided to pull this component out of that effort, as the need for it is more urgent and doesn't impact the longer-term project. The timing of that decision is coincidental and not directly related to statements made here recently.

Crystal's response was appropriate as we have not yet approved the public communication of a specific release date for this feature. That said, please be assured that the wait won't be much longer. Stay tuned to this thread for official details on the release.

David Wolfe

Brian, thank you for your comments.  However, I'm not sure if your reply (or Crystal's for that matter) are helping or hurting this situation.

Crystal stated it's "not on the roadmap."  You step in a very short time later and basically say "stay tuned...it won't be long now!"   Those two statements are virtually polar opposites of each other, and it gives the perception that you just discredited your colleague Crystal in front of all of us.

With all due respect, can all of you at Articulate please get on the same page before replying?  Is there any chance that we can get one singular point of contact for this issue rather than this "committee" approach that we've experienced for the last two years?

Thank you!

Brian Gil

I apologize for the confusion on this matter. Crystal answered accurately based on the information she had available. She was not aware that this feature was recently decoupled from the larger project I alluded to, and therefore was correct in stating that it was not on a roadmap she could publicly discuss. I knew that we decided to carve out this component and jumped in to relay that information ASAP to lighten this thread's mood. 

At this point, the next staff member you'll hear from will be the lucky one who communicates that this feature has been released.