82 Replies
Michelle Allan

This is a very exciting and useful addition, but why can't we choose the title to display? File names for the web normally don't have any spaces and aren't always easy to read in that format, even with dashes or underscores. In fact, when you upload a document called something like ''Document.docx’, you download a file called something like ‘wnjrnr4w_9C78w8h-document.docx’, which is a very long and unclear file name.

Andy S

Are there any size or file type limitations for this feature? When I try to upload a small 1.9MB file, it just says "No file added" and then in the edit pane, has a pink box with a bunch of raw data that starts with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Error><Code>SignatureDoesNotMatch</Code>

After this happens I cannot re-upload anything to that file attachment block because the error message overtakes the file upload button. The only thing I can do is delete and add a new file attachment block. However, the 1.9MB file that I'm trying to attach to my course keeps doing this same thing.

Andy S

I am using Firefox 52.0 (64-bit). I just tried uploading a smaller file and had the same issue. So, it must be related to the file type and not size. I have created a support issue and uploaded a copy of the file to that support case, so I guess I will wait for help through that system.

Thank you,

Donna Machado

I have a the same problem as Andy.  I have a unique proprietary file type used by my company and I tried to upload it and got exactly the same error.   I was able to upload it as a zip file and could upload an excel spreadsheet, so its definitely related to the file type. Its only 52k, so it seems silly having to zip it to be able to display it. Can this issue be resolved?  

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Donna,

Thanks for reaching out here and for also opening a case. I see my colleague Vevette found the problem was due to the .etz file extension, and she logged this issue to our Quality Assurance team for review.

Until we have a fix, you'll want to first zip the file before attaching it to the Rise course. 

Thanks again for letting us know what's going on, and I'm sorry if it's slowing you down!

Alex Miller

I need this feature to link to documents stored in a content repository, and to be able to rename the file name.

We have multiple Rise objects that might link to the same file, if that file gets updated, I need to know that this change is going to filter through to all locations where it is embedded