Auto Translation Feature

Apr 10, 2024

Given the explosion of generative AI lately, it would be fantastic if Rise 360 could include a feature where the text content of a course can be converted to a different language by a learner.

I don't mean that we create and export different versions of a course - that would be far too cumbersome. 

Basically what I am imagining is a learner starts up a course, and are presented with the option to change the language of the course via a drop down menu. If they elect to do so, all the written text of the course is immediately translated to that language.

This would be a great benefit to organizations like mine where a lot of different languages are spoken.

3 Replies
Christopher Adams

I second this. I don't expect Articulate to put this on their roadmap, but I could be wrong. Several other authoring tools are starting to incorporate this feature (EdApp and EasyGenerator are some examples). I think Articulate needs to start working on updating features like this, and fast, or they will fall behind very quickly. 

Christopher Adams

Yes and no. I think we are lucky in our organization that we are using other authoring tools that offer auto translations, and then have in house folks that speak those languages verify that it is correct and make any changes as necessary. Outside vendors cost thousands upon thousands of dollars a year as an alternative. But I know not everyone has the labor available to help with language verification. I still think Articulate needs to get with the times and offer this as an option, and quickly.