Forum Discussion

CarltonJohns376
Community Member
2 months ago

Best Way to Get VTT files to add to Rise 360

Hi all, 

I'm using Camtasia 2022 to create some how to videos. I'm looking for the most effective way to create VTT files I can then upload to Rise 360 for closed captions. 

I've tried creating them myself in Camtasia. I've tried uploading the videos to Youtube and then getting Youtube to automatically do them, but none of those options are fast. The Youtube one worked but the translation to closed captions wasn't great and I've still got to go in and tweak almost every line. 

The best and quickest solution I found was by using a website called Veed.io. The results from that were really good (I don't know why with all the finances available to Youtube they can't give me results as good 🤔) but you have to pay to download the VTT file. That's not happening 👎🏾. 

Can anyone p0int me in the direction of an effective free way to get my VTT files?

Ideally, I'm looking for a solution I can just add/upload my video to, that will then automatically changed them to closed captions, really accurately, and all I have to do is go in and make a few tweaks and then download the VTT file to then upload to Rise 360. 

I'm sure others here must have found fast, effective solutions so I'm hoping someone will share 😁. 

Cheers

Carlton 

8 Replies