Changing a Rise project owner

Oct 15, 2018

Hello,

One of my colleagues created a project in Rise and is leaving the organization.
The content has been shared with me and my team but we need to edit and publish the content. 

Is there a way of changing the ownership to myself or anybody else on my team? Also is there any way for us to get access to her account and moving all the content she created so we can preserve all the courses she created?

Thanks in advance.

Pinned Reply
Eric Santos

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request, and we can't wait for you to finally check it out! 

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look slightly different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or a support case.

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Ebany!

It sounds like your colleague shared the course with you as a collaborator, but didn't actually transfer the course to you to you prior to leaving the organization.

But don't worry, there's still a way you can get full access to that course, with a little help from your IT staff. Here's how:

1. Ask your IT staff to temporarily forward the user's email address to you or to grant you temporary access to their email account. You'll need this to complete step 3 below. 
  2. Add the email address back to your Articulate 360 Teams account as a user, temporarily. 
  3. Reset the user's Articulate 360 password.
  4. Sign into Articulate 360 here with the user's email address and new password.
  5. Transfer ownership of each Rise course to another user on your team.
  6. When you're done, you can remove the user from your Articulate 360 account. 

To avoid this scenario going forward, we recommend asking users to transfer their Rise courses to new owners before leaving the team, if possible. 

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help!

Katie Smith

Hi Alyssa - I was hoping to add this to your backlog/roadmap as an option to have a manager-type role if you're dealing with a team license. The manager can access and edit all of the rise courses from that team. If that manager leaves, update the email address at that level and the new manager can see everything. I'm sure it's more complex, but wanted to provide that feedback. 

Maire Smith

This would be really good. (So would shared folders for teams.) So would having a system for authoring that doesn't tie clients to a specific Rise developer - a passive free account that doesn't allow for editing, but which could give access to modules to developers who do have paid accounts.  I have clients who are reluctant for me to develop for them in Rise because they don't want to risk losing their files if they no longer want to work with me later on, or I move out of the business. 

Eric Santos

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request, and we can't wait for you to finally check it out! 

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look slightly different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or a support case.