Color of Bullets and Numbering

Jan 30, 2018

Thanks for the ability to change text and background colors in text blocks! However, if using numbered lists or bullets with colored fonts, the text remains black. Could you please update to change the color of the bullets and numbering to the color of the font? Especially when using a dark background color, the black numbers and bullets are really an issue.

31 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Edward! Thanks for your post. 

The formatting of bullets and numbers in a Rise text block won't use the custom colors you've enabled. I can see how it may help with your course design, so I've shared your thoughts with our team. From here, they’ll determine next steps or where this may fit into our roadmap, but it may be some time until I'd have an update.

We have a lot of new features in development right now, and a bunch more on the roadmap. Stay tuned here in the E-Learning Heroes community or keep an eye on our “What’s New” page!

Jessica Bailey

Is it safe to assume this very basic edit feature has not been updated after all these years?  Getting around it and using an image block with text would normally be my go-to move; however, due to the auto-resizing feature in Rise this doesn't work for text-based images on all devices without the ability to provide alternative images for different screen types.  Is that something that might be easier employed? 

Debs Churcher

I'd like to add my name to the list of people who would like this very basic feature.  I can see why it is not an easy change as the code behind it is not setting a different class to indicate that it's a coloured block.  It just sets a background-color style within the main div so you are unable to target an <LI> tag and change its colour.  I hope Rise can rectify this soon as it's quite frustrating ;)