Complete All Blocks Above Button not working

Sep 20, 2019

I have a Rise course with embedded Storyline blocks, and I want to ensure that users let the entire Storyline audio play through before clicking Continue. However, the "Complete All Blocks Above" setting doesn't seem to be recognizing the Storyline block. Please help!

13 Replies
ASHIRAFU MDHAKIRU

I have a rise course, And I have added an Accord interactive block,I want learners to pass through all the materials of the accord before moving to the next lesson .Users should also not be able to use the course navigation menus located on the left side(They should be disabled).Kindly help on this pls.

Alyssa Gomez

Hello Ashirafu,

First, you'll want to restrict the sidebar menu so learners will not have an option to skip ahead. Here’s how:

1. Click Settings in the upper right corner of the course editor.
  2. Select the Navigation tab.
  3. Choose Restricted as the navigation mode.
  4. Click Close in the upper right corner to return to the course outline.

Next, add a continue button below the accordion block. Click the Edit button, and change the completion type to Complete Block Directly Above. This means learners must complete the accordion block before they can move to the next lesson.

Give that a try, and let me know how it goes!

Shadrack Mbogela

Noted and great thanks for your quick support.It worked smoothly with me.

Sorry I have another query to you.What if a learner has finished the course . Unfortunately he/she has refreshed the page,probably will require him/her to start lesson 1,with the learner,  wants to revise the specific lesson(say lesson 3) skipping  lesson 1 and 2.How can this be solved.

Sorry if you find me disturbing you with my query. 

ASHIRAFU MDHAKIRU

Noted and great thanks for your quick support.It worked smoothly with me.

Sorry I have another query to you.What if a learner has finished the course
. Unfortunately he/she has refreshed the page,probably will require him/her
to start lesson 1,with the learner, wants to revise the specific
lesson(say lesson 3) skipping lesson 1 and 2.How can this be solved.

Sorry if you find me disturbing you with my query.
Ashirafu Mdhakiru
Computer programmer(Specifically JAVA) and Instructional Designer
Other Mail
ashirafu.mdhakiru@yahoo.com
+255742062609/+255738280021

Crystal Horn

Sure thing, Ashirafu. No bother at all!

• If you are hosting your course in a learning management system, courses will always resume where the learner left off. If a learner has completed the course, they should be able to revisit any lesson freely in most LMSs.
  • If you are hosting your content on the web, the course won't save progress. Learners will start over when they revisit the course.

*Quick note - when you reply via email, it includes your email signature with contact information in the public discussion.  You can edit it out of the post here if you wish!

Anthony Watson

Hi Crystal,

I'm also having some trouble with a similar issue with Rise.

If possible, can I please ask you to look at a ticket I just raised.

It seems articulate is not considering a button something that needs to be clicked before continuing (weird) but it does consider a checkbox something that needs to be clicked before continuing.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/complete-content-above-block

Thank you.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Redhot DM, 

Happy to chime in!

Would you mind sharing more details regarding the issue that you're encountering with the 'Continue' button so we can better assist you? If you're trying to require your learners to complete a Storyline 360 block before proceeding, you can follow the instructions listed here: 

If you aren't using a Storyline 360 block, feel free to share screenshots of what you currently have setup so we can take a look at the settings you're using. Sometimes, a small setting change is all it takes to make something work!

Maria Chepulis

I created an essay quiz in Storyline that I want to use in Rise with a 'continue' button that will not allow the learner to move on until they have typed something in that essay box.  When publishing the course, under Tracking options, I only can select the first option "when the learner has viewed". All other options are grayed out.  When embedded in Rise, the continue button works even if nothing in typed in the essay. Any suggestions? 

Steven Benassi

Hi Maria!

It sounds like you need help restricting the Continue button from showing until a user has answered the question in a Storyline block.

Adding a course completion trigger to the Storyline block should resolve this behavior. My colleague Tom shared a tutorial that can help get you started with that!

Please let me know if you run into any setbacks. I'd be happy to assist further!