Complete Content Above Block

Nov 21, 2022

Good morning / evening all,

I am making some changes to a course built in rise.

During this course, learners are required to click a button (declaration) and complete a declaration in a SharePoint site which works OK.

What I am aiming to achieve is getting users to click both the declaration checkbox (screen shot attached) and the declaration button (screen shot attached) before they can proceed.

The behaviour I'm seeing appears to let the learner proceed only if they click the checkbox but not the button. It's important that learners are forced to click both the checkbox and the button.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance.

Anthony.

3 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Anthony!

Although Button blocks are interactive, you can't require learners to click on them before they can proceed or move to the next lesson. In addition, Rise cannot determine if a user completes a task from an external page that you've linked using the Button block.

You can try using another Checkbox instead, similar to the first one, and link the Declaration page there. Here's a sample Rise course for reference.

Heather Vogt

Hello! So just to make sure I understand, I can't use the clicking of a button block directly above a Continue block to have the Continue block appear, even though I have the Continue block set to "Complete the content above before moving on".

I understand Rise can't know what's happening on the external site, but, surely, it can trigger the Continue button to appear when the button in the Rise project is clicked. 

Am I understanding that correctly?