Continue button - move to next lesson?

May 04, 2018

Hi,

I'm using Continue dividers/buttons at the end of each lesson to ensure users have viewed all interactions before moving on to the next lesson. However, to actually move to the next lesson users have to click Continue, then click the next lesson footer.

Is there anyway to get the Continue divider to automatically advance to the next lesson, when clicked? This would reduce the clicks required by the end user, and make for a less frustrating experience.

Apologies if I'm missing an obvious setting!

Thanks
Dan

39 Replies
Bhavan Mangat

Hi Ashley, 

Thanks for the quick reply!

There are blocks I would like the participants to complete first. The way I have been able to make this work is to have the continue button require the previous sections to be completed and then add the button block which will allow the user to exit the course from the LMS.

I think it would look cleaner if they could exit using the continue button, and I do like the look of it better as well! Is there another way to currently do this?

Thanks again!

Cari-Ann Sheehan

Is there a way to prevent the Continue button from disappearing after clicking on it.  We have a course where we are using the stacked buttons to navigate back and forward because of branching and disabled the RISE navigation.  However our users do not like that they have to click the Continue button first that locks the interactivity and then it disappears and the stacked buttons show up.  We would prefer just using the Continue button that locks the page to move forward however it disappears so if the user goes back a page they have no way of navigating forward.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Cari-Ann,

I'm sorry you've run into an issue here. Right now, that's the way the continue block works in Rise, however I totally understand that it's not doing the job you need it to.

Could you take a minute and log a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs? That would be super helpful! 

Crystal Horn

Hi Sofia! To get from one lesson to another, your learners will need to click either a continue button or the next button that is a part of the built-in navigation.

If you only want a single page to scroll, create one lesson with as many blocks of content as you need. As long as there aren't continue blocks in the lesson, learners can just scroll through.

Will you be adding any other interactive elements for learners to click and engage with?

William Scheidt

Hi, everyone!  Has there been a solution to this?  I'm having the exact same problem.  I want my Continue button at the end of a Lesson grouping (chapter?) to take me to the next group of lessons, but instead the Continue button only opens up a link to the next lesson, which I then have to do an extra click for, to take me to the next lesson.
When I finish my second grouping, the Continue button at the end of that one DOES take me right over to the next lesson.  I can't figure out what is different, there!