Deleting lessons

Dec 05, 2018

Hi there, 

Hoping I'm not missing something simple, but I can't seem to delete lessons. Can someone please help me out? :)

Laura 

22 Replies
Chris Schraders

Hi folks. I've just come across the same issue. It seems that you need to go into the quiz and delete each question. Once you have done that you can go back to the main menu/table of contents and then the "Delete" option is available.

I guess this is an extra layer of protection.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards

Chris 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi folks! 

You do not need to delete every quiz question to delete a quiz lesson. Simply click the three dots to the right of the lesson, and select Delete.

If you're still having trouble, try this:

• Add a new lesson in your course called "Quiz".
  • Click Add Content and select Quiz.
  • This will insert a sample quiz with 2 questions. Click the back arrow to go back to the main course menu. 
  • Click the three dots to the right of the quiz lesson, and select Delete.
Chris Schraders
Alyssa Gomez

Hi folks! 

You do not need to delete every quiz question to delete a quiz lesson. Simply click the three dots to the right of the lesson, and select Delete.

If you're still having trouble, try this:

• Add a new lesson in your course called "Quiz".
  • Click Add Content and select Quiz.
  • This will insert a sample quiz with 2 questions. Click the back arrow to go back to the main course menu. 
  • Click the three dots to the right of the quiz lesson, and select Delete.

Interesting.

Alyssa is right that when I create a new quiz it can be deleted without the need to delete the questions first.

However, the fact remains that on the quiz I created earlier the delete option was not available until I deleted the questions in the quiz. I haven't been able to recreate this bug with the new quiz I created so I'm not sure it if relates to a particular configuration of the settings for the quiz, the quiz questions or is a browser caching issue.

Cheers

Chris

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Stefanie,

It sounds like Rise 360 isn't letting you delete lessons. That definitely shouldn't happen, so let's look at this a little closer.

• What web browser are you using? Do you notice a difference if you switch to a new browser?
  • Are you the owner of this course, or a collaborator?
  • If you create a new course that contains lessons with mock content, can you delete a lesson in that new course?
Hazel Bartolome

Sorry to hear that you can't get the  ... options to appear, Julie!  Can you try accessing Rise in Incognito or InPrivate window? Pressing Ctrl + Shift + n for Windows, or Press ⌘ + Shift + n for Mac switches you to Incognito mode and disables all browser plugins. Sometimes plugins cause odd behavior.

If the issue persists, please take a video of what's happening and then open a case with us here!

Michel Hobson

I repeatedly encounter this problem - only 3 options display on the drop down.  The "sweet spot" to get the mouse to change from hand to pointer is challenging.  I spend a tremendous amount on this simply requirement - trying to delete a lesson, or trying to delete a quiz.   Same issue no matter which "type".  Same issue whether using my fancy "precision" mouse, or my inexpensive "wired" mouse.  Frustrating - it should not be this difficult.  Happens on multiple courses created.  

Lea Agato

Hi Michel, I'm sorry you're running into this issue.  Please try the following options:

1. Make sure you're using a supported browser for authoring in Rise.
  2. Try it on a different browser
  3. Use Incognito or private browsing mode.
  4. Set your browser zoom to 100%.

If none of these options work, please open a support case using this form, and one of our customer support engineers will work with you directly to troubleshoot this issue.